A Malaysian construction company and a $1.17 billion Ponzi scheme walked into a development deal together last month. The man caught in the middle? Mohd Nazifuddin, son of Prime Minister Najib Razak.
When allegations surfaced that Nazifuddin profited from uFun Club, he denied it on Facebook. Within hours, investigators found he was a primary shareholder in Sagajuta, a construction firm that signed a Memorandum of Understanding with uFun Club at a gala event. Undisclosed funds from uFun are now flowing into Sagajuta's Gateway Klang project.
Desperate to escape the connection, Nazifuddin spent yesterday issuing denials to Malaysian media. But the timeline he provided fell apart under scrutiny.
He told Malaysia Chronicle he first heard about uFun Club when invited to a joint venture launch with developer Bina Puri Holdings Bhd. He claimed he almost attended but backed out after hearing they were using his name to lure investors—allegedly telling people the prime minister's son would officiate the development.
There's one problem: Bina Puri and uFun held that event on November 11, 2013. Nazifuddin wasn't there.
Three and a half weeks earlier, on October 18, 2013, Nazifuddin was on stage presenting a check to a Miss Wilayah Kebaya winner. The photos show him smiling next to uFun Club founder Warren Eu. This contradicts his claim he knew nothing about uFun Club before the Bina Puri invitation.
The record gets worse. Before his supposed first contact with the scheme, Nazifuddin was already being entertained by uFun executives. Documents show him dining with Athitwat Soonpan, uFun's International President, and Warren Eu—both prominent players in the company. This happened nearly a month before the Bina Puri event he cited as his introduction to uFun Club.
When pressed on these inconsistencies, Nazifuddin pivoted. He accused his critics of a political conspiracy targeting his father and family.
"They are trying to defame everybody involved with the prime minister, including the children and all," he told Malaysiakini. "The person who is defaming me is putting this fabrication of information in video content and spreading it throughout Malaysia."
He called the revelations an attempt to smear his reputation and attack his family.
The political stakes are explosive enough that others connected to the scheme have scrambled for cover. Sagajuta itself issued a statement yesterday denying it ever sold property to uFun Club or engaged in any transactions with the company—despite Nazifuddin holding the largest stake in the firm and the MOU between the two organizations.
The gap between Nazifuddin's timeline and documented evidence suggests either faulty memory or deliberate misrepresentation. Either way, the photographs don't lie. He was there. He was smiling. He was standing next to the founder of a Ponzi scheme that defrauded investors of more than a billion dollars.
🤖 Quick Answer
Who is Mohd Nazifuddin and what is his connection to the uFun Club controversy?Mohd Nazifuddin, son of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, became central to allegations linking his construction firm Sagajuta to uFun Club, a $1.17 billion Ponzi scheme. He served as primary shareholder in Sagajuta, which signed a Memorandum of Understanding with uFun Club at a gala event, receiving undisclosed funds for the Gateway Klang project.
How did Nazifuddin initially respond to the uFun Club allegations?
When allegations emerged that he profited from uFun Club, Nazifuddin denied involvement on Facebook. He subsequently issued multiple denials to Malaysian media outlets, claiming he first learned about uFun Club when invited to a joint venture launch, though investigators questioned the credibility
🔗 Related Articles
- Keep It 100’s Terrence Pounds indicted for C-19 loan fraud
- Crowd4x Review: Wealth4AllTeam attempt a forex Ponzi
- Gordon Silver “shamelessly” handled TelexFree bankruptcy
- BitClub Network’s Russ Medlin arrested in Indonesia
- Zater Capital Review: Ron Cartey’s AI trading bot Ponzi
