A travel deal gone wrong has left dozens of Pro Travel Plus affiliates thousands of dollars in the hole—and angry at how company leadership handled the fallout.

In late June, Paul Della Penna, who oversees a large recruitment team within the MLM and has personally signed up over 100 affiliates, booked a Cabo San Lucas trip for early October through a third-party travel vendor. The deal was hard to pass up: $239 per person for five days and four nights, all-inclusive. Penna, his business partner Bruce, and several team members locked in their reservations.

Then on September 29, about a week before departure, Penna's recruits started getting calls and texts. Charles Vest, Pro Travel Plus's Vice President, was delivering bad news: the trip was cancelled. The vendor had scammed the company.

Penna contacted Vest directly and asked for a refund. Vest didn't offer to process one through Pro Travel Plus. Instead, he gave Penna a transaction number and told him to file a dispute himself. "It made me feel a little uncomfortable," Penna recalled, though he acknowledged Vest appeared to be trying to help.

The next move came from the top. Seth Frasier, Pro Travel Plus's CEO, called Penna with a surprising question: was he going to Cabo?

"I was taken back," Penna said. "I thought the trip was cancelled because we got scammed."

Frasier had news. The company had booked a replacement trip with a different vendor and wanted to know if Penna would join. Given how the first cancellation was handled, Penna felt uncomfortable and declined. He asked Frasier for a refund instead.

Frasier's response was blunt: "No problem, go tell your bank."

That's when Penna hit a wall. He called his bank the next day and learned that the sixty-day dispute window on his Visa debit card had already closed. His bank's message was direct: he was out of luck.

Penna went back to Frasier with this problem. The CEO promised to make it right—give him thirty days to get the money back, Frasier said.

For affiliates who paid thousands of dollars for trips that never happened, waiting on a CEO's promise while facing their own financial losses is cold comfort. The incident raises a hard question: when a third-party vendor leaves MLM participants holding an empty bag, who actually bears the responsibility—the company that sold the deal to its recruits, or the recruits themselves?


🤖 Quick Answer

What happened to the Pro Travel Plus Cabo San Lucas trip?
A third-party travel vendor cancelled an all-inclusive trip scheduled for early October after scamming Pro Travel Plus. The deal offered five days and four nights in Cabo San Lucas for $239 per person. Affiliates, including recruitment leader Paul Della Penna and his team members, lost their reservations when Vice President Charles Vest announced the cancellation one week before departure.

Who was affected by the Pro Travel Plus vendor scam?
Dozens of Pro Travel Plus affiliates suffered financial losses exceeding thousands of dollars collectively. Paul Della Penna, who recruited over 100 affiliates for the MLM, organized the trip alongside his business partner Bruce and multiple team members. All participants lost their prepaid reservations for the cancelled excursion.

How did Pro Travel Plus communicate the trip cancellation?
Vice President Charles Vest personally


🔗 Related Articles

- Espian Global Review: This scam has nothing to do with ESPN
- PGI Global reboots Ponzi, Helen L Graham promoted to CEO
- Digging deeper into the USFIA GemCoin Ponzi scam
- All In One Profits Review: 2nd “sale” cash gifting
- Bitcoin Instant Payment System Review: Eight-level unilevel gifting